Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Film Twilight is Excellent



Last night I joined tens of thousands of young girls at the midnight showing of Twilight. My attendance was totally unplanned and yielded a wonderful surprise. The highly anticipated film adaptation of Stephenie Meyer’s novel about a young girl who falls in love with an unconventional vampire. The studio has plans to make a trilogy having acquired the rights to “New Moon” and “Eclipse,” the second and third books in the book series.

The movie is much more of a love story than horror film. I found myself pulled into the story and completely engaged by the cast. I am quite excited to read the best selling books. Some predict that this Trilogy will rival the Harry Potter franchise.

I began my evening at Sang Kee Peking Duck House in Chinatown for a delicious meal with four friends. The Dong Yum Seafood Soup, infused with LemonGrass, and my Seafood Triple Delight were both excellent. The menu is quite extensive and I heard raves reviews of their Peking Duck.

After dinner it was off to the Apothecary Lounge. A chic new lounge on 13th, unfortunately parking was at a premium and I refused to pay for another lot. After circling the gayborhood I eventually ran into Woody's to use the bathroom before heading home. It was there over a cuervo and grapefruit that it occurred to me to see a film.

No comments: