Saturday, November 29, 2008

Trapped In Paradise




Thai anti-government protesters shut down Bangkok's second airport on Thursday, further crippling the kingdom as tourists scrambled to leave and fears grew the crisis was deepening.

Below is an email from my oldest friend, who was also my first love, he is trapped in Thailand.


"Guest what? I'm stuck in Thailand! Yes, my sister and I were scheduled to depart today from Phuket via Bangkok and then through Taipei into LAX. Since the takeover of the airport in BKK, we've been in the south but all flights through Bangkok that had not been re-routed are cancelled. Thousands are stranded.

We're working with out travel agency's representative to get out through Malaysia on 12/3 and perhaps then onto LAX via Taipei, but so far only Malaysia destination is certain. We're safe and yes, we are stuck, albeit in paradise. We would like it to become less cloudy, but that hasn't stopped us from getting cheap Thai massages daily, fending off the sellers of every cheap trinket, or enjoying the beach.

I hope all is well with you and I hope you enjoyed the holiday and are relaxing and taking care of yourself. I will speak with you soon and I have my laptop so I am in touch and making the best of Paradise!

Love,Marc

-- "I'll admit I may have seen better days, but I'm still not to be had for the price of a cocktail, like a salted peanut."Margo Channing (Bette Davis)All About Eve - 1950"

No comments: