Monday, December 15, 2008

808s & Heartbreak - Pure Brilliance!

Amazon gave me a five dollar digital gift certificate for my latest purchases. I am not in the habit of buying MP3 albums, I prefer to have the physical CD. However when I saw Kanye's 808s & Heartbreak on sale for $8.99 I could not pass it up. The album is pure brilliance, Kanye West is truly gifted as an artist and producer.

Each songs emotes such pain, desolation, isolation, or loneliness and the simplicity of the production only enhances each track. I am not a fan of the vocoder and whenever I am exposed to him, I want to punch T-Pain in the throat. Kanye uses the vocoder not so much as a gimmick but as a production tool.

After listening to it a few times I found myself feeling pretty damn good about having true friends, family, and love. It is a great CD but be prepared it is hypnotic, cathartic, and dark.

No comments: