Sunday, December 14, 2008

Dear Santa. a change of plans I purchased the Vado HD

Dear Santa, I have a late change in a previous request. The good news is it is a cancellation, I no longer want the The Flip Mino HD . I actually decided on a Vado HD and decided to get it myself for our family Christmas ski trip.

It was a tough decision, the Vado was just recently released and clearly has superior features to The Flip Mino HD . However the video quality is said to be just a close second in quality. You can view the Vado HD's output at vimeo.com, do a search on "Vado HD".

After much debate I decided on the Vado HD for a few specific reasons.
1. The rechargeable battery is removable, the flip is not
2. The Vado HD has a recording capacity of 4 hours versus the Flip's 2 hours in HD format.
3. The Vado HD is rated superior for indoor recording by PC Mag

I am looking forward to playing with my new pocket cam and sharing the footage. It will be posted to vimeo.com and embedded here.

No comments: